Continued from Mike Sorrentino’s Diet.
Compared to Mike Sorrentino’s workout, Mike Sorrentino’s diet tips are kind of disappointing. What is wrong with Mike Sorrentino’s diet tips? Nothing. In fact, Mike Sorrentino’s diet tips are easy to follow and very useful, but at the same time it is hard not to notice that they are pedestrian and not something I have not heard before.
Still, as I have already mentioned, they are very useful, especially for someone who is not sure about what it takes to lose 5 pounds in a week, or for someone who thinks that losing weight and staying in top shape means using clenbuterol or other dangerous diet aids.
Mike Sorrentino’s diet tips deconstructed So what does it mean to eat right according to “The Situation”? Here is the deal:
1. Eat often, preferably every three to four hours. Divide your total daily calorie consumption more or less evenly between six meals. If you do not have a lot of free time to cook or prepare meals at home, go for three protein shakes and three real meals.
2. Drink a lot of water. I do not actually agree with this one. It is a myth that you need to drink a lot of water. You should only drink water if you are thirsty. It is okay to drink a glass of water before each meal. Some studies seem to suggest that doing so reduces appetite, but there is no need to be obsessed with drinking a lot of water during the day.
3. It is always a good idea to eat vegetables, fruits and lean proteins.
4. Sleep is important, especially for those who lift weights and exercise regularly. You need to sleep anywhere from six to eight hours each night, because your body uses this time to repair itself.
5. Simple carbohydrates are not your friends. The sugar detox is your friend, on the other hand. In fact, if you are addicted to sugar, the sugar detox should be your best friend.
6. Treat your fitness goals with respect and patience. It takes time to develop a great-looking body, it is not going to happen overnight.
7. If you really want to see results, make sure that working out is your number one priority.
8. Have one “cheat day” per week during which you can indulge your food cravings and eat pretty much anything you want. [source: Men’s Fitness]