Research proves CBD as a potential treatment for diseases like epilepsy and diabetes. Pain, anxiety, and insomnia are other conditions that CBD can treat. Despite these facts, people are unaware that CBD can boost their immunity. Having excellent defense is necessary to keep all diseases at bay. Before knowing about its health benefits, you must understand how CBD works.
Understanding How CBD Works
With the legalization of best marijuana seeds and other places have seen a rise in sales of CBD products. It is an immunity booster, but most people don’t know how it works.
To understand CBD’s impact on the immune system, we should first know about the endocannabinoid system (ECS). Why? Because CBD works with this system to bring about positive changes.
Functions Of ECS
A healthy ECS maintains balance in the body. Two receptors, CB1 & CB2, help the ECS in managing all of these functions. CB1 & CB2 are in the Central Nervous System (CNS) and cells that form the immune system.
CB1 receptors handle appetite, pain, sleep, memory, neuroprotective responses, and motor movements. CBD communicates with the CB1 receptors to help treat neurological diseases. It might also be helpful in Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, and sclerosis.
The activation of the CB2 receptors can help fight inflammation. Once the swelling is under control, relieving pain and repairing tissues becomes easy. This anti-inflammatory property might help treat conditions like Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowels syndrome (IBS), and arthritis.
Lastly, the cannabinoid interacts with a receptor linked to most of the good feelings and vibes – 5-HT1A. This receptor helps activate serotonin- a neurotransmitter, which makes us feel good and positive.
Hence, it’s safe to say that CBD is good for the immune system and overall well being. Now, let’s look at the benefits of CBD for our immune system.
CBD for Arthritis
Arthritis is just one of many autoimmune diseases. The imbalance in the immune system can lead to this condition. Rheumatoid arthritis is the most common type of arthritis, resulting in sudden swelling. The University of South Carolina says CBD may be the novel treatment for inflammation.
As stated above, CBD binds to the receptors and controls the swelling that causes arthritis. Apart from treating the inflammation, CBD also relieves the pain caused by arthritis.
CBD & Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS is an autoimmune bowel disorder. The disease mainly targets the large intestine. People with IBS will experience uneasiness and ache in their bowel movements. Other signs of the IBS are changes in the bowel habits, and pain in the anterior chest or the stomach.
CBD may help with the bowel movements by interacting with CB2 receptors. Additionally, this disorder might affect the appetite as well. CBD can be helpful here too. It may stimulate hunger by interacting with the CB1 receptors in the body.
CBD for Psoriasis
People think that psoriasis is just a kind of typical scratches. However, studies show that it is a combination of autoimmunity and swelling. Its most common signs are red patches on the elbows’ skin, scalp, back, and thighs. CBD can treat psoriasis by adjusting Keratinocytes – the cells responsible for psoriasis. Another study suggests that stress may also trigger psoriasis. CBD can help manage stress by acting on the receptors in the body.
Whatever the cause of this disease, CBD can help treat them all.
Why is CBD a Better Alternative?
- The most common way to treat inflammation and pain are non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). However, NSAID has side effects. They include stomach ache, heartburn, nausea, and more. They might even harm the kidneys. On the other hand, CBD does not have any severe side-effects, thus making it a suitable option to treat such conditions.
- CBD does not cause addiction or any mind-altering effects. These features make it a suitable choice for people of all age groups. Now they can treat pain without the fear of dependence.
Which CBD Products To Look for on the Market?
Ticking off this checklist is essential to buy a beneficial CBD product.
- The ideal CBD product will have less than 0.3 percent THC. It is a threshold limit set up by most of the U.S. states.
- Sellers should have certificates from third-party labs. They ensure that the products are free of any harmful elements like pesticides, metal, and excess THC.
- Before starting treatment with CBD, it’s crucial to select a medium of dose. The most common forms are oral, topical, or vaping. After deciding the appropriate method, one should choose from products like CBD oil, edibles, gummies, and vape oil.
Having a healthy immune system is not a luxury but a necessity. However, treating autoimmunity is not easy. But with the right guidance from a doctor and a good CBD product, it may be possible to manage it. It’s essential to make a routine and dosage limit for the day. It’s best to start with the lowest dose, observe the body’s response, and gradually increase the dosage.