Jessica Simpson: 20 Lbs in Two Months DietIt seems that Harley Pasternak’s The 5-Factor Diet is the latest craze in Hollywood and Jessica Simpson is its latest follower.
Us Weekly reports that Simpson’s eating plan – on which she has lost about 20 pounds in two months – consists of 5 meals a day which include protein, complex carbs, good fats, fiber and no-added-sugar beverage.
Pasternak, who has a master’s degree in nutrition and exercise physiology, doesn’t recommend counting calories. He recommends focusing your efforts on healthy nutrition, which doesn’t mean one should feel free to consume an unlimited amount of calories.
For Simpson, he’s prescribed about 1,300 calories a day and says that Jessica is doing great on this diet. Here’s Jessica Simpson’s 5-Factor diet plan sample menu.
- Breakfast: Egg-white burrito, strawberry shortcake power smoothie, Ezekiel toast
- Morning Snack: Fuji apple wedges with chocolate peanut butter dip
- Lunch: Open-face barbecue bison burger, sweet potato fries, chipotle ketchup
- Afternoon Snack: Hot dog skewers with roasted cherry tomatoes, jalapeno mustard sauce
- Dinner: Cuban-style shredded beef, cumin-dusted brown rice, char-grilled corn
- Breakfast: Grapefruit halves, nonfat yogurt, oat bran crumbles, strawberry mint salad
- Morning Snack: Lemon pie
- Lunch: Summer heirloom tomato bisque, grilled chicken salad
- Afternoon Snack: Artichoke hummus, fiber crackers, sliced turkey
- Dinner: Chicken and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice, wilted bok choy
- Breakfast: Oatmeal raspberry pancakes with sugar-free maple syrup
- Morning Snack: Chocolate berry trifle Lunch Curried chicken Tikka, cucumber yogurt, orange salad
- Lunch: Curried chicken Tikka, cucumber yogurt, orange salad
- Afternoon Snack: Mini pepperoni pizzas
- Dinner: Grilled filet mignon over roasted sweet potato mash, lemon-scented asparagus