I have to lose a stone in 1 month for a modeling job. How do I do that? Sarah. [via Ask Questions]
As I have already explained in Lose 1 Stone, 1 stone equals 14 pounds, so to lose 1 stone in 1 month means that you need to lose 3.5 pounds ( 1.6 kilograms) a week.
I cannot really predict whether or not you will be able to lose 1 stone in a month, I can say that it is not completely unrealistic to lose weight at the rate of 3.5 pounds a week (some people have been able to do that, at least short term), but the recommended rate of weight loss is 2 pounds (0.9 kilograms) a week.
How do you lose 1 stone in 1 month? I am mot aware of a diet that is specifically designed to lose one stone in one month. The rules of weight loss are pretty much the same no matter how much weight you need to lose, and here they are in a nutshell.
1. Do not be feckless with you eating habits; eat a balanced diet that includes protein, complex carbohydrates, fruit and vegetables.
2. Be aware of how many calories you eat every day; try the calorie-shifting trick once in a while.
3. Exercise; I am not talking about some elaborate exercise program, but to lose weight, you need to expand more calories than you consume, so try walking for about 30 minutes every day.
4. Stay away from sugar and junk food; it is okay to eat fruit, which does contain sugar, but simple sugars that are found in sodas and deserts should be avoided.
5. Do not be afraid of snacking, there is nothing wrong with it. In fact, assuming you have three meals a day, it is a good idea to include 2 snacks in your diet plan. But it is also very important that you choose to snack on something healthy (think nuts, celery or apple slices with peanut butter).