Continued from How to Gain Weight Fast.
1. Eat more calories than you burn. About 500 extra calories per day will provide for added mass.
2. Eat often, 5-6 times a day or more.
3. Eat smaller meals and larger snacks.
4. Get a minimum of eight hours of sleep each night.
5. For weight training, focus on compound movements and limit cardiovascular work to the minimum required for good health (about 30 minutes, three times a week).
6. Consider drinking some of your calories in concentrated form in nutritious shakes and juices, or try a high-quality weight-gain drink mix. You can mix this powder with the milk you normally drink – or separately, between or after meals.
7. Never skip breakfast.
8. Get plenty of protein, up to 1 gram per pound of body-weight each day.
9. Consume 40-60 grams of carbohydrate and 20-30 grams of protein immediately after your workout. Quality energy/sports drinks are an excellent and convenient way to deliver these nutrients.
10. Get in the habit of eating small, nutritious bedtime snacks. [source: M&F]